Turn the oven on and get ready to serve up some sweet childhood nostalgia with this quick and easy Jam Drops recipe using one of our wide variety of jams! Use our favourite, original Strawberry Jam or spice things up and try using our Fig Jam. The possibilities are endless! (and tasty) We’ve created this simple recipe for you and there’s only 6 ingredients that you’ll need:
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup caster sugar
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 125g butter
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ cup Mrs Oldbucks Pantry Strawberry Jam
The quick and easy method is as follows:
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees celsius (fan-forced oven/200 degrees conventional oven)
- In a mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugar (you can use an egg beater for this or an electric mixer).
- Once the mixture is a pale cream colour it’s time to mix in the eggs one at a time with a wooden spoon until combined.
- Next, add the self-raising flour and mix it together until it’s all combined nicely.
- Using approximately 2 teaspoons worth of dough, roll the dough into small balls and place them on a greased baking tray spaced evenly apart. Using the tip of your finger, make a small indent in the top of the ball, making sure the size is sufficient enough/ deep enough to hold the jam. Then spoon in your desired amount of Mrs Oldbucks Pantry Strawberry Jam in each.
- Place the tray of jam drops in the fridge to chill for 30 mins. This ensures the drops will hold their shape. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Leave to cool and then enjoy these as a little snack or with a nice cup of tea.
We’d love to see your creations on social media and we hope you enjoy your tasty Jam Drops!