Make the perfect pie for Mum this Mother’s Day!
Spend time with Mum and create this traditional jam pie using only the finest jam available (Mrs Oldbucks Pantry of course)!!!
- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons butter room temperature
- 3/4 cup of your favourite Mrs Oldbucks Pantry Jam
1. Pre-heat oven to 180° C, grease and flour an 20cm pie dish.
2. In a large bowl, gently whisk together flour, sugar and baking powder, create a well in the middle and add slightly beaten egg and yolk and softened butter cut into pieces.
3. Mix together, at this point turn mixture onto a slightly floured surface and work the mixture to form a soft dough (if dough is very dry then add an extra tablespoon of soft butter).
4. Wrap in plastic and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Remove from fridge and knead the dough a couple of times to soften it up again on a lightly floured surface. Roll out to 1/8″ thickness.
5. Transfer to prepared pie dish. Trim the dish of any extra dough. Prick the dough with a fork, then fill the pastry shell with the jam. With the extra dough make strips to create a lattice finish. Brush top lightly with milk and bake in pre heated oven at 180° for 25-30 minutes or until golden. Let cool then slice, enjoy!