Treat your partner to a date night home-cooked meal with this tasty Honey Mustard Chicken recipe using our very own Mrs Oldbucks Pantry Honey Mustard. This particular recipe calls for honey and dijon mustard for the sauce but with our Honey Mustard, we’ve saved you the time and combined them already for you! We’re certain you’ll impress your other half with this recipe and make date night in lockdown a delicious one. We’ve purposely made this a quick and simple recipe for you and these are the ingredients you’ll need:
- 2 large chicken breasts cut in half lengthwise
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter divided
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons Mrs Oldbucks Pantry Honey Mustard
- 1 cup heavy/whipping cream
Let’s get cooking:
- Cut the chicken breasts into halves lengthwise and sprinkle over the garlic powder, salt and pepper to season.
- In a saucepan or skillet, heat the butter and oil over a medium/high heat. When the pan is hot, brown the chicken fillets for 4-5 minutes each side, or until they’re lightly golden on the outside. Once cooked, remove the chicken from the pan and set it aside.
- Remove the pan from the heat and place the chicken broth, Mrs Oldbucks Pantry Honey Mustard and the remaining butter into the pan and return it to a medium heat. Stir the sauce until the honey mustard has dissolved but take care not to reduce the liquid completely.
- Once the mustard is dissolved, add the cream to the pan and stir in until the sauce starts to bubble. When the bubbles start to form, add the chicken breasts and allow them to cook for an additional 5 minutes. This time may vary depending on how long it takes the chicken to cook through.
- Serve your honey mustard chicken hot with mashed potato, greens or any of your favourite side dishes!
There are various options for side dishes to serve with your Honey Mustard Chicken, we love a creamy mashed potato or you could try the healthy option and blanch some green beans for a quick and healthy option!