Looking for a Spring inspired salad? We’ve got you covered with this deliciously fresh Blistered Tomato and Chicken Couscous Salad. Just add a generous drizzle of our Mrs Oldbucks Pantry Balsamic and Pomegranate Dressing for an extra zing and viola! The perfect, tasty and simple Spring Salad to brighten your lunchtime. Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 cup couscous
- 1 lemon, rind finely grated
- 1 tablespoon baby capers, drained
- 1 cup water, boiling
- 400g mixed sweet grape tomatoes, halved
- Mrs Oldbucks Pantry Balsamic and Pomegranate Dressing to drizzle
- 150g Danish feta, crumbled
- 1 cup small fresh basil leaves
- 60g baby rocket leaves
- 1 barbecue chicken, skin removed, meat shredded (one from your local butcher or grocery store will do!)
Once you’ve got all the ingredients it’s time to get cooking!
- In a heat proof bowl, place your couscous, lemon rind and capers and pour in the boiling water and the juice of half the lemon. Mix them together then cover the bowl and set this aside for 5 minutes to absorb. Once the couscous is ready, fluff it with a fork.
- Next, turn your oven on to the grill setting and on a high heat. On a baking tray lined with foil, place your tomatoes, cut side up and drizzle with oil. Season well with salt and pepper and place the tray under the grill for 5 minutes or until they reach desired levels of charred-ness!
- Once the tomatoes are done, place them into the bowl of couscous along with the feta, basil, rocket and chicken and gently toss the mix to combine. Drizzle your fabulous creation with our Mrs Oldbucks Pantry Balsamic and Pomegranate Dressing to your heart’s content and serve warm.
This fresh and delicious salad is perfect for Spring lunches or dinners, whatever you fancy. Bon appetit!