Fancy a quick and delicious dinner meal for Spring? Why not try our Mrs Oldbucks Pantry 5 Spice Plum Sauce Duck! We’ve made a super quick and simple recipe for you to try at home. The best part is we’ve done the hard part and made the sauce for you!
All you need to do is grab our Mrs Oldbucks Pantry 5 Spice Plum Sauce and these additional ingredients:
- 4 Duck breasts (skin on)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons sichuan peppercorns
This recipe saves you an ample amount of time because we’ve made the sauce for you; all you need to do is cook the duck:
- Preheat your oven to 150 degrees celsius.
- Using a mortar and pestle, crush the salt and peppercorns together. Take your duck breasts and using a sharp knife score the skin (this will give the fat from the duck a chance to soak into the breasts and keep the meat nice and tender) then sprinkle the salt and pepper over the duck breasts.
- In a non-stick oven-proof frying pan, heat the olive oil over a medium heat and gently place the duck skin-side down. Cook the duck for 6-8 minutes, taking care not to let them get too much colour, then turn the breasts over and remove the pan from the heat and into the oven for a further 5 minutes cooking.
- Remove the pan from the oven (taking great care in doing so) and baste the duck with the fat from the pan. Set the breasts aside for a further 5 minutes to rest the meat.
- Take your Mrs Oldbucks Pantry 5 Spice Plum Sauce and place it in another saucepan over a medium heat. Stir until the sauce becomes hot or starts to bubble then remove from the heat and pour it over the duck breasts.
- Serve hot with some steamed white rice and some steamed bok choy.
We hoped we saved you some time in the kitchen for this quick and tasty dish!