Stuck at home? Can’t get to your favourite cafe for breakfast? Why not try this delicious and simple pancake recipe and enjoy breakfast in bed this week?! Pancakes pair perfectly with some of our Orange Blossom Honey or you could even add some of our decadent Butterscotch Sauce if you’re feeling extra naughty. Breakfast in bed never sounded more tasty with this fluffy and delicious pancake recipe.
The ingredients you’ll need are:
- 2 eggs
- 1 3/4 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 1/3 cup caster sugar
- Small knob of butter for frying. Plus extra, to serve
- Mrs Oldbucks Pantry condiments to serve: Orange Blossom Honey, Butterscotch Sauce etc.
We’ve created a quick and easy recipe so you can start eating faster! Here’s what you’ll need to do:
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together your milk, eggs and vanilla essence until well combined. Into a separate large bowl, sift the self-raising flour and stir in the caster sugar. In the middle of the dry mix make a well and add your wet mixture. Gradually whisk the two mixtures together until they’re just combined.
- Once your mixture is combined, grab a large non-stick fry pan and place it on a medium heat. Take your small knob of butter and grease the fry pan. Using a ¼ cup as a measure, scoop mixture into the pan and cook 2 pancakes at a time until they’re the desired colour of your choice (we like our pancakes to be just golden brown in colour). The batter mixture will usually start to bubble when it’s time to flip the pancakes. Once you’ve cooked the first 2 pancakes it’s time to cook the rest so get flipping! Remember to re-grease the pan in between batches so they don’t stick.
- Serve your pancakes warm with some fresh berries, the remaining butter and your choice of Mrs Oldbucks Pantry condiments!
You can really get creative in terms of toppings for your pancakes, we recommend our Mrs Oldbucks Pantry Orange Blossom Honey or Butterscotch Sauce with some fresh fruit! Enjoy breakfast in bed or out in the sunshine, these tasty pancakes are sure to brighten your morning.