Honeyed Dutch Carrots
This recipe for honeyed dutch carrots is whole carrots, bathed in honey and seasonings, then boiled until tender and caramelized. A super easy yet elegant side dish perfect for lunch or dinner!
- 3 bunches Dutch carrots
- 90g butter
- 2 tbs Mrs Oldbucks Pantry Yellowbox Honey
- 3/4 cup chicken stock
- 1 tbs thyme leaves
- 1 tbs chopped sage
- Trim tops approx. 1cm from the end of dutch carrots then peel.
- Melt 90g butter with 2 tbs of Mrs Oldbucks Pantry Yellowbox Honey in a large deep frying pan.
- Add dutch carrots and toss to coat in the tasty mixture.
- Pour cup chicken stock over carrots. Add 1 tbs each thyme leaves and chopped sage.
- Cover and simmer for 4 minutes or until just tender.
- Remove cover, bring mixture to the boil and cook for approx 8 minutes until liquid has evaporated and carrots are golden and caramelised, turning occasionally.
- Serve with any juices poured over.