CHEWY RASPBERRY MERINGUES
Light and crunchy on the outside, soft and gooey on the inside. These chewy raspberry meringues are the perfect sweet treat.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 2 hours 25 minutes
4 egg whites, at room temperature
Pinch of salt
1 cup (220g) Caster Sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- Preheat oven to 120°C. Line two baking trays with non-stick baking paper.
- Use an electric mixer to whisk egg whites and salt until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar, a tablespoon at a time, whisking well between each addition, until sugar dissolves.
- Once all the sugar has been added, continue to whisk on high for 3 mins. Whisk in the vanilla essence.
- Gently fold 2/3 jar of raspberry jam a few times into the mixture to incorporate slightly. You want there to be steaks of raspberry.
- Use two teaspoons to spoon the meringue onto lined trays. Reduce the oven temperature to 90°C.
- Drop remaining raspberry jam over meringues and swirl with a toothpick. Bake meringues for 30 mins. Turn oven off and leave meringues in the oven to cool completely.