Pasta can be the perfect foundation for a healthy and nutritious meal.
Why? Well, we know that pasta is the ideal partner for so many other foods, including fibre rich vegetables and beans, heart-healthy fish, antioxidant-rich tomato sauce and protein-packed cheeses, poultry and lean meats…YUMMM!!
This delicious variation of a spicy sicilian pasta sauce will tantalise your taste buds and fill your belly at the same time.
- In a stainless steel saucepan, heat oil over medium heat.
- Saute onions until brown, approximately 8 minutes.
- Add garlic, Sicilian pasat sauce, chutney, oregano & pepper.
- Simmer sauce 30 minutes, partially covered.
- Stir occasionally.
- Remove pot from heat, stir in basil.
- Serve hot over spaghetti, prepared according to package directions.